Several Governments came and went. They all spent loads of money on cleaning India. But, sadly, nothing positive happened. So I decided that I would not believe any of these governments or their policy announcements unless there was actual change, and I was able to witness it.
And then came in our new Minister of Railways, Mr. Suresh Prabhu. He took the task of cleaning the Indian Railways really very seriously. Here are some images of trains and railway stations posted on Twitter by people like me, who were delighted by how clean they were.
1. Chandigarh railway station:
2. Hubli railway station:
3. Bengaluru railway station:
4. Indore railway station:
5. Nagpur railway station:
6. Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, Mumbai:
7. Agra Cantonment railway station:
8. Lokmanya Tilak–Hazrat Nizamuddin AC Express: